In honor of
International Worker’s Day
We will be waiving all new patient fees for
the entire month of
All treatments will be $15-35 for new and
You decide how much you
The People’s Acupuncture of Asheville is a community acupuncture clinic committed to providing affordable acupuncture. Through this model we provide treatments so that people can get the care they need to get better and stay better.
Our sliding-scale is $15-35 with a $10, first time paperwork fee. You decide what you want to pay. We do not ask for proof of income. We accept cash, check and credit card. We do not bill insurance, but will happily give you a receipt for you to mail to your insurance company.
Acupuncture works best when received regularly and frequently. Our sliding scale is set to be affordable so that you can access the clinic as often as you need to maintain your health.
The People's Acupuncture of Asheville is a community supported clinic. We do not receive grants, state or federal funding.
how community acupuncture works
When you come in for your first acupuncture treatment we will sit
with you for a brief consultation. This is when you tell us what
you would like to be treated for. From there you will proceed to
the treatment space and get yourself ready for your
treatment. We do most of our treatments with patients
sitting in recliners with everyone in one room. Take your shoes
and socks off and roll your pants up the knees and shirt sleeves up to
the elbows. We will then come in a needle you. We invite
you to stay resting with the needles in as long as you would like and
you are free to leave whenever you need to. We recommend you stay
at least 45 minutes.
When you feel done let us know. We will remove your needles and you can leave.
We ask that you remain seated during your treatment and allow yourself to relax.
The group treatment setting offers a sense of communal healing and relaxation that many feel enhances the effects of their treatment.
We offer eye pillows, blankets, music and ear plugs. Feel free to bring anything you need to make yourself more comfortable.
We ask that you refrain from wearing overly scented products and perfumes, turn off your phones and respect our 24 hour cancellation policy.
Please download our paperwork to fill out before you come in to the clinic. You may also come in 10 minutes before your treatment and fill out the forms in our waiting room.
What acupuncture treats
Acupuncture can treat a variety of conditions and can even be used as a compliment to Western medicine treatments, such as chemotherapy and radiation. The World Health Organization and the National Institutes of Health have published lists of the conditions that acupuncture treats, but acupuncture is not limited to the lists of conditions compiled by the WHO or the NIH.
Our practitioners can treat nearly four dozen common ailments, including:
- Eye, Ear, Nose, Throat, and Teeth - Tired Eyes, Poor Vision, Earaches, Sore Throat, Toothaches, TMJ;
- Respiratory - Common Cold & Flu and prevention for cold and flu prevention, Bronchitis, Asthma, Allergies, Sinusitis;
- Gastrointestinal - Indigestion, Acid Reflux, Nausea, Abdominal Pain, Bloating, Constipation, Diarrhea, IBS;
- Cardiovascular - Hypertension, Palpitations, Poor Circulation;
- Gynecological - Infertility, PMS, Menstrual Irregularity, Painful Menses, Menopause Symptoms;
- Musculoskeletal - Muscle Pain, Cramping & Weakness in: Neck, Shoulders, Arms, Hands, Fingers, Knees, Legs & Feet, Back Pain, Sciatica, Sports Injuries;
- Emotional - Depression, Anxiety, Stress, Insomnia, Mood Swings, Nervousness
- Neurological - Headache, Migraine, Facial Pain and Tremor, Post-Stroke Residuals;
- Other Benefits - Increases Energy and Immunity, Healthy Skin, Promotes Health and Wellness, Mental & Physical Relaxation, Smoking Cessation and other Addictions.
We are grateful to be a part of the growing movement of community acupuncture. Check out these links to see how accessible affordable acupuncture is spreading nation and worldwide: